America's Magnificent National Parks end Denver (Summer 2019)
Tour Type: Regional Journey
Brochure Type: USA and Canada 2019
Prepare for an epic adventure through remarkable scenery and prominent landmarks as you make your way through America's Magnificent National Parks. This sprightly tour combines 'Enchanting Canyonlands' with the 'American Parks Trail' to form a complete experience of North America's most popular parks, historic monuments and scenic grandeur. From gliding through the narrow sandstone turns of Antelope Canyon to witnessing the sprouting geysers of Yellowstone and releasing your inner cowboy at the award-winning Buffalo Bill Center of the West, you'll take in some of America's most iconic sights in a manner and at a pace that suits you.Authentic Dining
- Grand Canyon: Enjoy dinner with an incredible view at the Thunderbird Room, overlooking the South Rim.
- UCross Ranch: Savour a hearty ranch style Highlight Dinner, prepared by your local hosts.
- Custer: Toast to the finale of your trip at your Celebration Dinner served at your lodge within Custer State Park.
- Dining Summary: 14 Breakfasts (B), 1 Dinner (D) and 6 Dinners with wine (DW).
Stay at the Best Addresses
- Grand Canyon: Join a Local Expert for an informative presentation and witness the burnt orange hues of the canyon walls.
- Monument Valley: Join a Navajo guide in an open-air vehicle to explore the iconic vistas of this Navajo Tribal Park.
- UCross: Spend your morning doing as the locals do, exploring your surroundings by horseback with a gentle ride (waiver required) led by a Local Expert.
- Deadwood: Historical Wild West figures such as Wild Bill Hickock and Calamity Jane called Deadwood home. Learn about the Gold Rush and the town's notable residents aboard Kevin Costner's Original Deadwood Tour with a Local Expert.
- Deadwood: Enjoy an audience with Lakota tribe members as they share a live narrative of the Great Sioux Nation.
Top Rated Highlights
- Scottsdale: Wander the grounds of this desert oasis, leaving behind your hectic lifestyle at the McCormick Scottsdale to relax and renew.
- Grand Canyon: Insight stays centrally located within the National Park. In these cases, the hotels are much more rustic and typical of the natural environment.
- Lake Powell: We guarantee rooms with lake-views, picture-perfect vistas and breathtaking sunsets at Lake Powell Resorts and Marinas.
- Zion National Park: Stay in rustic charming lodges, located right inside the National Park.
- Las Vegas: Sleek modern decor and the luxurious furnishings make every guest feel like royalty at the ARIA Resort and Casino.
- Salt Lake City: Centrally located downtown, the Hilton Salt Lake City Center offers views of the Salt Lake Valley and mountain peaks.
- Grand Teton National Park: Stay right inside the National Park at the desirable Jackson Lake Lodge. One of the largest of all the eco-friendly resorts, with breathtaking views.
- Yellowstone National Park: Insight stays centrally located within the National Park. In these cases, the hotels are much more rustic and typical of the natural environment.
- UCross: Enjoy a relaxed and peaceful atmosphere during your stay at the Ranch at UCross with the natural scenic beauty of the surroundings.
- Spearfish: Deep in the heart of beautiful canyons you will find Spearfish Canyon Lodge. Built and decorated in the style of the old lodges of the West.
- Custer State Park: Insight stays centrally located within the State Park. In these cases, the hotels are much more rustic and typical of the natural environment.
Included Insight Services
- Sedona: Visit this Red Rock Country artists' colony, set in Sedona's majestic red rock landscape.
- Cameron: Stop at the historic Trading Post, established in the early 1900s as a place where Native American's traded wool and livestock.
- Glen Canyon: Visit the dam that stands 710 feet or 216 meters high, and provides water and power to western communities.
- Lake Powell: A testament to the power of water over rock, glide through the narrow sandstone turns of Antelope Canyon during your cruise.
- Bryce Canyon National Park: Enjoy the rugged beauty with a leisurely walk along Sunset Point to view the hoodoos.
- Zion National Park: The most relaxing and informative way to see the grandeur and natural features of the canyon is by a private shuttle that includes live commentary.
- Grand Teton National Park: Take in panoramic views of the beautiful Jenny Lake, a glacial formation that dates back over 10,000 years.
- Yellowstone: See Upper Geyser Basin, which boasts the highest concentration of spouting geysers, hot springs and steaming fumaroles in the world.
- Cody: Explore the award-winning Buffalo Bill Center of the West, known for its excellent Western art collection and natural history.
- Black Hills: Witness the huge Crazy Horse Memorial and the famous Mount Rushmore National Memorial.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
|Call (800) 563-6608 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14020094|
|Offer valid through 9/30/2018|
|Day 1||Phoenix||Arrive in Phoenix and Travel to Scottsdale.: Welcome to Arizona, famous for road trips, Monument Valley, and of course the Grand Canyon. Your airport transfer will whisk you to your hotel in Scottsdale where you can enjoy the facilities and grounds of this striking desert oasis. At 18:00, join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Dinner, where you will have the opportunity to mingle over a delightful dinner with wine. (Dinner with Wine)|
Hotel Valley Ho, Scottsdale.
|Day 2||Grand Canyon||Sedona and the Wonders of the Mighty Grand Canyon.: Journey north to the bohemian colony of Sedona. Attractive to healers, this spiritual town's vortexes are rumoured to offer alternative medicines and practices. If retail therapy is more your thing, explore Sedona's shops and galleries, or simply take in its natural rugged beauty, which makes it a hotspot for hikers, swimmers and eager campers. Journey on to Grand Canyon National Park, where you have the opportunity to take an optional, once-in-a-lifetime, flightseeing tour by helicopter or plane. Join a Local Expert for an informative presentation about the wonders of the Grand Canyon before ending your day with a tranquil night inside the park and an appetizing Highlight Dinner with wine in the inviting Thunderbird Room of your lodge. Located on the South Rim, this beautiful venue offers a wet-bar, barbeque and private balcony, so you can feast on hearty food while taking in the stunning views. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
National Park Lodges, Grand Canyon.
|Day 3||Lake Powell||Monument Valley and Lake Powell.: Head through striking crimson landscapes to the historic Cameron Trading Post where you will find Native American arts and crafts. Journey on through the barren beauty of the desert to Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park, where you will board all-terrain vehicles to explore the valley with your Navajo guide. Stop at the Glen Canyon Dam to learn about its impact on the Colorado River before arriving at your lakefront resort. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Lake Powell Resorts and Marinas (Lake View or Marina View Rooms).
|Day 4||Lake Powell||Leisurely Lake Powell.: Start the day at leisure by enjoying your resort's facilities. Later take a cruise through the narrow sandstone turns of Antelope Canyon, one of the top-rated highlights on the trip. End the day with a breathtaking sunset from your lake view or marina view room. (Breakfast)|
|Day 5||Zion National Park||Bryce Canyon and Zion National Parks.: Prepare for a day of Norse legend, as you head to the sandstone cliffs of Bryce Canyon National Park in Southern Utah. Here you will be met by pine trees, red rock pillars and Thor's hammer. You'll take a leisurely walk along Sunset Point to view the great amphitheatres of the odd-shaped monoliths, known as hoodoos, before travelling through more amazing scenery to the lush cliff-and-canyon landscape of Zion National Park. A day of sightseeing deserves some evening festivities. Join your Travel Director and new friends for a Highlight Dinner and wine to discuss your take on the ethereal characters of Utah's famous canyon. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Zion National Park Lodge.
|Day 6||Las Vegas||Zion to Las Vegas, From Nature to Neon.: Depart the tranquil ambiance of Zion National Park Lodge and board a private Zion Canyon Shuttle. Live commentary will take you through the scenic highlights of the park, followed by some downtime to explore on your own. Depart the natural beauty of the park to arrive in the bright lights and glamour of Las Vegas. With an array of shopping malls, live shows and dining opportunities, this dazzling destination is sure to entertain. And for those looking to hit the casinos, make sure you come with your poker face ready. (Breakfast)|
ARIA Resort and Casino, Las Vegas.
|Day 7||Salt Lake City||Salt Lake City.: Today you'll travel to Utah's capital, Salt Lake City, where you'll spend the night. Lying between Wasatch Range and the Great Salt Lake, this mountainous city is perfect for outdoorsy types, with a strong focus on skiing and fishing. It is also the headquarters of the Mormon faith. (Breakfast)|
Hilton Salt Lake City Center.
|Day 8||Grand Teton National Park||Jackson and Grand Teton National Park.: As you move on from Salt Lake City, take in iconic Temple Square and State Capitol building, before heading north across the Oregon Trail to historic Jackson. Have your cameras ready for the famous elk antlers that adorn the central square, and for eager shoppers there are a number of charming traditional boutiques to browse. Relax at Jackson Lake Lodge, where you'll be presented with the stunning peaks of Grand Teton National Park. (Breakfast)|
Jackson Lake Lodge.
|Day 9||Yellowstone National Park||Yellowstone National Park.: Wake up to a mountainous view like no other and witness the striking Grand Tetons thrust skyward 6,562 feet (2,000 metres) from the valley floor. In keeping with today's rustic country charm, you'll enter Yellowstone, the world's first National Park. Known for its unique geothermal activity, spectacular landscapes and abundant wildlife, you'll experience Wyoming in all its glory. Keep an eye out for black bears or wolves. Tonight you'll stay in the National Park Lodges, allowing you to experience the park after hours, in its natural glory. (Breakfast / Dinner)|
National Park Lodges, Yellowstone.
|Day 10||Yellowstone National Park||Geysers and Colourful Mudpots at Yellowstone.: Savour the surreal surroundings of Yellowstone with a relaxed start. Walk among the rainbow tinted hot springs and watch the erupting geysers as you take in the history of the park on an informative stroll with your Travel Director. Catch the renowned colourful bubbling mud pots and observe Old Faithful geyser shooting water over 120 feet (37 metres) into the air. You'll behold the powerful roar of Lower Yellowstone Falls, before heading back to your Park Lodge rooms. The National Park is also famous for its wildlife, so keep an eye out for the Yellowstone ram, wolves, bears and elk. (Breakfast)|
National Park Lodges, Yellowstone.
|Day 11||Clearmont||The Ranch at Ucross.: Set off on your travels through the stark Shoshone Canyon and Absaroka Rocky Mountains to the Wild West Town of Cody. Channel your inner showman and learn more about America's great Western legends at the Buffalo Bill Centre. End the day in Clearmont, Wyoming where you'll check in to your abode for the night. Here you'll enjoy a ranch style Highlight Dinner with wine. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Ranch at UCross, Clearmont.
|Day 12||Lead||Devils Tower into the Black Hills.: Live the American frontier dream and begin your day with a scenic country horseback ride (waiver required). If playing cowboy isn't your thing, perhaps go fishing or merely relax and take in your beautiful surroundings, the choice is yours. Make your way to Devils Tower, an astounding geological feature that protrudes out of the surrounding the Black Hills. This symbolic landmark is considered sacred to the Lakota and other tribes. Experience Spearfish Canyon, a favoured spot among wildlife enthusiasts and one famous for its elvish woodland beauty. The limestone palisades of this creek-carved gorge are more ancient than the Grand Canyon. (Breakfast)|
Spearfish Canyon Lodge.
|Day 13||Custer State Park||Custer and the Wild, Wild West.: A day for those looking to explore the wild west, try to spot pronghorn antelope as you cross the great high plains to the Black Hills of South Dakota. You'll also get to speak to members of the Lakota tribe as they share a fascinating live narrative of the Great Sioux Nation. Once in Deadwood, you'll have the opportunity to join Kevin Costner's Original Deadwood Tour, while a Local Expert will talk about the days of Wild Bill Hickok and Calamity Jane, who made this once lawless town famous during the Gold Rush of the 1870s. Continue on to Custer State Park, renowned for its beautiful landscape and abundant wildlife. (Breakfast)|
The State Game Lodge, Custer State Park.
|Day 14||Custer State Park||The Mountain Monuments of the Black Hills of South Dakota.: What better way to spend your last full day than delving further into the history of this fascinating country? You'll start by viewing Crazy Horse Memorial which is dedicated to all Native Americans, before moving on to the iconic Mount Rushmore National Memorial. Here, carvings of Presidents Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln and Roosevelt dominate the Black Hills. The rest of the day is yours to explore in Custer State Park. Join your Travel Director and newfound friends for a Celebration Dinner with wine, as you reflect on your adventure across the wide open spaces of America's national parks. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
The State Game Lodge, Custer State Park.
|Day 15||Denver||Depart Denver.: Travel south from Custer State Park where your tour ends on arrival in Denver. A transfer is available to Denver International Airport. Airport arrival in Denver will be at 16:30. (Breakfast)|
|Notes: Twin prices are per person. For activities marked with a (8) in the day-by-day itinerary, participation is at your own risk and a signed liability waiver will be required.|
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class